Are you happy with your job? Do your co-workers really look happy & enjoy their work. I see a lot of confused, dissatisfied employees all around. Very few people see to have clarity about what they are, what they actually want to do. And even fewer people actually muster the courage to pursue their dreams. Life is too short to come up with excuses not to pursue your passions.
Here are some steps to get you where you should be:
- Think deep, introspect and find the things that you actually enjoy doing. Strength finder can help you get some ideas on what your natural talents are.
- Find way in your current job that can better leverage your strengths.
- If you conclude that your current job is no good to build your strengths & exert your talents are… find alternate careers that might help
- Ensure your income needs are met in the new career path you consider. Try to cut back on expenses to reduce the income needs.
- Research & talk to people who are already in that career path and get a good understanding of the day to day work.. in most cases the are very different that what you expect. i.e., Get the inside view!
- Try to do it partime to get a real handon experience (e.g., check out Vocationvacations)
- Make the jump!
Are you game?